Project Manager - Infrastructure Design (Kansas City)
Project Manager – Infrastructure Design (Kansas City)
Full Time Salary, Exempt
At TREKK, we improve lives by providing direction to enable community and personal growth.
As leaders, we are integrated in our client’s communities, are connected to their problems, and provide direction and solutions that are personally and professionally fulfilling.
TREKK was built around passionate, trustworthy difference makers. Our relaxed, flexible environment brings smart people together to make a difference in the world around us.
We like being different. Our entrepreneurial culture empowers us to engineer holistic, common sense solutions that support the growth and restoration of the communities we serve. Innovation, creativity and free thinking are encouraged to deliver quality solutions that match our clients’ needs. We derive success and fulfillment from the impact our work has in the communities we call home and the people we serve. We call this IMPROVING LIVES.
As a TREKK employee, you will work with TREKK staff, temporary staff, TREKK clients, and communicate with the public. We expect you to conduct yourself in a professional manner, treat all people with respect, and embrace opportunities to IMPROVE LIVES. We also ask that you seek out ways to enhance processes and work flow to maximize both efficiency and accuracy.
As a Project Manager, we expect you to have a positive attitude, lead by example, demonstrate sound decision making skills, encourage great team work, inspire those around you and demonstrate a good stress tolerance. We want to see you embrace and immerse yourself in the TREKK culture. You set the tone and establish the work environment for those around you.
Our objective at TREKK is to assist you with this responsibility by providing you a culture where you can develop both personally and professionally. We want to see you grow your personal tool box. We will work with you to assist in personal pathing and help you identify your personal purpose. We will work together to carry out TREKK’s purpose of IMPROVING LIVES by providing direction to enable community and personal growth. You will be given the opportunity to work and develop your skills on a variety of different types of projects.
As a TREKK Project Manager you will be responsible for your project’s scope, fee, start date, deliverables and completion dates. You will serve as TREKK’s main point of contact with the client. As this point of contact, you will be expected to understand and deliver to your client the TREKK customer experience. You will be responsible for monthly invoicing on your projects. You will need to implement critical thinking and problem solving skills. You will present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions as required. You will support the TREKK team around you. A TREKK project manager is expected to take the project from cradle to grave, and own every step of the project along the project life cycle.
• Use technical and management skills to deliver complex studies and designs for our clients.
• Work with your Responsible Associate to maintain satisfactory scores on the TREKK KPIs.
• Provide hands-on expertise during the project including design and plan production.
• Use project management skills to plan, organize, monitor and direct work activities and budgets.
• Participate in business development opportunities, including proposal preparation, participation in client meetings and engagement in marketing activities to grow our client network in the Midwest.
• Establish and maintain client relationships with new and existing clients.
• Share your technical knowledge by mentoring and training staff.
• Represent TREKK in professional society organizations and functions.
• Maintain accurate, legible and organized records of work completed.
• Provide accurate time and expense reporting.
• Maintain a 70% utilization rate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree or graduate studies preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• 10+ years of experience in highway and roadway design.
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong working technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
• Experience with project management to include proposal development, negotiating project scopes, cost estimates and schedule development
• Experience meeting scope, schedules and budgets on major transportation projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
• Effectively communicate project goals, risks and requirements with clients
• Participate in and encourage a collaborative approach
• MicroStation and GEOPAK expertise (SS4 preferred)
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kelly Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org