FIELD TECHNICIAN III
Field Technician III (TREKK) – (Omaha)
Full-time Hourly, Non-Exempt
At TREKK, we improve lives by providing direction to enable community and personal growth.
As leaders, we are integrated in our client’s communities, are connected to their problems, and provide direction and solutions that are personally and professionally fulfilling.
TREKK was built around passionate, trustworthy difference makers. Our relaxed, flexible environment brings smart people together to make a difference in the world around us.
We like being different. Our entrepreneurial culture empowers us to engineer holistic, common sense solutions that support the growth and restoration of the communities we serve. Innovation, creativity and free thinking are encouraged to deliver quality solutions that match our clients’ needs. We derive success and fulfillment from the impact our work has in the communities we call home and the people we serve. We call this IMPROVING LIVES.
As a TREKK employee, you will work with TREKK staff, temporary staff, TREKK clients, and communicate with the public. We expect you to conduct yourself in a professional manner, treat all people with respect, and embrace opportunities to IMPROVE LIVES. We also ask that you seek out ways to enhance processes and work flow to maximize both efficiency and accuracy.
As a Field Technician III, we expect you to have a positive attitude, lead by example, demonstrate sound decision making skills, encourage great team work, inspire those around you, and demonstrate a good stress tolerance. We want to see you embrace and immerse yourself in the TREKK culture. You can set the tone and establish the work environment for those around you.
Our objective at TREKK is to assist you with this responsibility by providing you a culture where you can develop both personally and professionally. We want to see you grow your personal tool box. We will guide you as you continue your career by helping you determine your personal purpose and helping you align that with TREKK’s purpose of IMPROVING LIVES by providing direction to enable community and personal growth. You will be given the opportunity to work and develop your skills on a variety of different types of projects.
As a TREKK Field Technician III, you will be responsible learning and performing internal and/or external inspection of manholes/structures, GPS locates, flow metering and smoke testing of sewer lines. Entry into manholes will require strict safety guidelines as outlined in the TREKK S.A.F.E. Manual. OSHA confined space certification and complying with all entry standards is mandatory. Out-of-town travel may be required. It is anticipated that a typical work day would be 10 hours per day, 4-5 days per week. Occasional off-hour, evening/weekend work may be required.
• Coordinate with your Field Resource Leader on project needs and priorities as they are considered your immediate supervisor.
• Coordinate with your Field Resource Leader to ensure your work truck is properly maintained and outfitted.
• Properly install and maintain flow meters and rain gauges. Conduct flow meter maintenance including cleaning probes and manual calibration checks.
• Perform manhole/structure inspections both manually and with tele-monitoring equipment.
• Perform smoke testing with GPS equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment in the field as required.
• Maintain vehicle and equipment to ensure safety, mechanical soundness, and productive operation.
• Complete TREKK’s safety training and adhere to all S.A.F.E. procedures and TREKK policies/procedures.
• Maintain current OSHA approved confined space entry certification. Complete and maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
• Provide accurate and timely timesheet and expense reporting.
• Provide quality inspections, accurate data, and thorough daily quantities and reports.
• Maintain an 85% utilization rate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Cleaning and CCTV Emphasis:
- Operate and maintain CCTV and JetVac trucks and equipment
- Complete cleaning and CCTV of storm/sewer mains and infrastructure.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the JetVac and CCTV Operators to complete projects in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain communication with the Field Resource Leader for timely equipment and repair needs for your crew.
- Assist other CCTV Operators, and JetVac Operators with proper maintenance on their equipment and vehicles.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Clean driving record and background check.
• This is considered a physically demanding job. You must be able to:
- Work outside year round.
- Enter sewer manholes.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift, push, and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Climb stairs.
- Walk on uneven terrain.
- Squat or crawl.
- Walk for long distances.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of smoke testing, manhole inspections, MACP, PACP, CCTV services, jet vacuum truck services, flow metering, ARC GIS, Excel, Word, Granite and Fulcrum.
• Must be able to work effectively in team situations.
• Computer Skills
• Work experience: Six months of prior experience at TREKK with verifiable proficiency as a Field Technician III.
• Cleaning and CCTV Emphasis:
- Minimum Class B CDL with Airbrake and Tanker Endorsements
- Must have an up to date DOT Physical Card
- Mechanical Aptitude
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org