LiDAR Processing/Extraction Technician
Kansas City / Omaha
LiDAR Processing/Extraction Technician
Full-time Hourly, Non-Exempt
At TREKK, we improve lives by providing direction to enable community and personal growth. As leaders, we are integrated in our client’s communities, are connected to their problems, and provide direction and solutions that are personally and professionally fulfilling.
TREKK was built around passionate, trustworthy difference makers. Our relaxed, flexible environment brings smart people together to make a difference in the world around us. We like being different. Our entrepreneurial culture empowers us to engineer holistic, common sense solutions that support the growth and restoration of the communities we serve. Innovation, creativity and free thinking are encouraged to deliver quality solutions that match our clients’ needs. We derive success and fulfillment from the impact our work has in the communities we call home and the people we serve. We call this IMPROVING LIVES.
As a TREKK employee, you will work with TREKK staff, temporary staff, TREKK clients, and communicate with the public. We expect you to conduct yourself in a professional manner, treat all people with respect, and embrace opportunities to IMPROVE LIVES. We also ask that you seek out ways to enhance processes and work flow to maximize both efficiency and accuracy.
As a LiDAR Processing/Extraction Technician, we expect you to have a positive attitude, lead by example, demonstrate sound decision making skills, encourage great team work, inspire those around you and demonstrate a good stress tolerance. We want to see you embrace and immerse yourself in the TREKK culture. You set the tone and establish the work environment for those around you.
Our objective at TREKK is to assist you with this responsibility by providing you a culture where you can develop both personally and professionally. We want to see you grow your personal tool box. We will work with you to assist in personal pathing and help you identify your personal purpose. We will work together to carry out TREKK’s purpose of IMPROVING LIVES by providing direction to enable community and personal growth. You will be given the opportunity to work and develop your skills on a variety of different types of projects.
As a TREKK LiDAR Processing/Extraction Technician, your primary responsibilities will involve working with LiDAR data to verify field inspections, produce drawings, process raw data, and perform quality control utilizing the ESRI suite of GIS software and/or Bentley MicroStation with general supervision. You will also provide mapping support to field staff, project managers, and possibly select clients when data questions may arise. This job would entail working alongside a team of survey resources under the guidance of a Surveyor or other peers and may also branch out into tasks such as drawing production (extraction).
- Perform manual edits, filtering, classification, feature extraction and mapping from
processed LiDAR data.
- Experience with MicroStation/TopoDOT and/or Terrasolid
- Work with point cloud data collected by airborne and/or terrestrial mobile methods.
- Process and troubleshoot GNSS/IMU and LiDAR datasets.
- Extract 2d and 3d information from the data and generate CAD mapping for delivery.
- Meet data quality and production rate standards
- Frequently requires sitting for extended periods of time, using hands to handle or feel,
reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and adjust focus to
use computer screen.
- Maintain accurate, legible and organized records of work completed.
- Maintain an 80% billable rate.
- Provide accurate time and expense reporting.
- Serve as a technical or lead resource to office staff and train or assist others as needed.
- Participate in developing and implementing processes and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Education/Experience (one of the following):
• Certificate/Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics/Surveying/Engineering,
geography or a closely related field requiring at least 18 units of equivalent.
• Two years of prior experience as a LiDAR Technician with verifiable proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, GIS, Geomatics or related discipline or 3 years of
relevant work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with software tools and packages for Engineering such as
- MicroStation or AutoCADD.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with TopoDOT and Terrasolid will be considered above other candidates.
- Must be able to work effectively in team situations.
- Must be able to follow specific, detailed instructions to carry out routine to moderately
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- GIS and ESRI is a plus.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kelly Monaghan-Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org